Day 7 - Ready to Bake?!
Christmas Doggie Cookies!!
Yes, today we are baking for our dogs but not only do these yummy Apple and Cinnamon Biscuits look and smell great, they also provide our dogs with some health benefits too!!
To make 30 cookies you’ll need;
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
Cinnamon benefits in Dogs:
It’s anti-inflammatory in dogs and humans – this means can help with dogs’ joints!
Can help improve Cognitive Function especially in older dogs.
Potentially Cinnamon can improve Heart Health by helping to lower blood pressure.
* Please note that dogs should not be able to inhale large quantities in the air, eg if you spill lots of the powder on the floor, as this can cause problems with Cinnoman irritating the lungs and lead to coughing.
Let’s Get Baking!
- Preheat oven to approx 180c. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Add rolled oats, oat flour, and cinnamon to a large bowl and mix together.
- Add the egg, apple sauce, and honey to dry ingredient and mix in well.
- Knead dough with hands for about 2 minutes. When the mixture is firm, roll out to ½-inch thickness.
- Cut dough with baking cutters and place biscuits onto the greaseproof paper lined baking sheets.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on racks.
- Store in airtight containers and keep in refrigerator or freezer.
Are you going to give these a try with your dog? We are and will will share the photos soon!!